FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting from Porto Airport into the city
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:56 am
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by Clay_C.
I will be arriving at OPO circa 18:30 on 1 May. Google Maps shows my accommodation to be a 10 minute walk from Bolhão.

The Metro is obviously going to be the cheapest way to go. Is it safe to assume it will be straightforward to purchase a ticket via a machine? Will service be reduced on a public holiday to the point where it could be a LONG wait for a train that night?

Can I assume a 10 minute walk with a large suitcase around Bolhão around 20:00 is perfectly safe?

If the Metro is going to be unappealing for whatever reason, any experiences catching Uber from this airport?

Would appreciate any insight, thanks.
Walking around Portugal is safe at all hours of the day (minus pickpockets).
You buy a metro ticket from the machine. It will either be a single trip that's valid for X number of minutes (depending on the number of zones), or a 24-hour ticket. Either ticket is good for transfers on buses and other metro lines within the validity time, just make sure to validate it each time you board another bus or tram.

It's all distance based with different zones. You need a Z4 ticket (2€ one way, 4€ for 24 hours).
Timetables are here. You're looking for line E towards Estádio do Dragão. It runs every 30 minutes on weekends/holidays.

Alternatively - you can always catch an uber or taxify into the center.