FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Children not on reservation at Hiltons
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:08 am
seaskybound

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by englisha
In the middle of a European trip at the moment with 2 kids aged 4 and 7. Experiences so far : Zurich booked superior room for 2 adults 1 kid. At check in told max occupancy was 3, told off a little but upgraded for free to junior suite. Freiburg, Germany booked family room for 2 adults 1 kid (max allowed), no problem and given a double plus sofa bed. Strasbourg, France booked superior twin (max occupancy 2+1) given twin plus 1 extra bed in executive floor without problem. Tomorrow in stuttgart in a similar situation with 2+1 booked. As a gold (Also soon to be diamond) member we have always been ok with booking an extra kid in the room but always make sure either the booking is for 2+1 or that it explicitly stated 2 kids can stay in existing bedding. Often this requires booking not the cheapest room. I think existing bedding is the key (as many allow kids in this way but it doesn't show when adding them) but not to expect extra beds if the kids are not on the booking. I do feel now though with the kids at at 4 and 7 standard rooms are becoming too small for us.
Thank you for this input. So basically you have been booking rooms for 2+1 (which is beyond the most basic room, I guess) and been ok with getting your 2+2 in?