FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions what kind of container to bring gifts for family in Vietnam?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:10 pm
kaskade916

Suggestions what kind of container to bring gifts for family in Vietnam?

Hello...
Heading to Vietnam as part of our honeymoon and will be meeting my fiancé's family there for the first time in April. We want to bring gifts for the kids there as well as a couple bottles of alcohol for the adults. We need something disposable to transport it all in and looking for suggestions... we'll be flying first class on KE so we can have luggage up to 70lbs and 62 linear inches. First thought was a cardboard box wrapped in tape, but in case it has to be opened by TSA would they reseal it? Any other suggestions for the best way to do this?

Also, I've researched and think we'll be ok with importing a small amount of things, but any things to consider when going through customs in Vietnam? I'm white/american and from what I read prob better I bring it in as opposed to my Vietnamese American fiancé? It will mostly be kids toys and clothing, powered ensure for her grandmother and two or three bottles of liquor.