FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to join China Southern "Sky Pearl Club"
Old Feb 14, 2018, 12:15 pm
ukflyer1

OK, progress. I entered a UK number without any country code (e.g. number starting with 7) and that sent me the SMS! I had tried this before, but just not using a UK number. I tried calling the local office where I am, but didn't get through. I now have an account. Can't find a way to associate that number with my booking, but will do at checkin.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, is there a reason you want to join the CZ FF program rather than one of their (SkyTeam) partners?
Interesting. I hadn't really appreciated that Skyteam was an alliance type thing (never having heard of it before). Looking through their website, CZ is the only airline which flies the route I do most often, so I think it makes sense. However, very open to comments and learning. What should I consider, are their other Skyteam partners with better earning rates etc? KLM or Korean would be airlines I might fly with from that list. But realistically I'm not going to be a big Skyteam user (whatever programme), but have 4 decent J legs coming up so didn't want to waste the miles. Perhaps can use for an upgrade on CZ in the future if I fly them again.