FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blindsided by claimed "New" Carry-On Policy - only 1 personal item (for 50 seat UX)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 9:06 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
What I took exception to was your assertion that the rules changed.

It wasn't my assertion that the rules changed mahasamatman. The OP wrote, "he said it's a "new rule" that went into effect two weeks ago for 50-seater aircraft for weight and balance issues." It was the GA that said the rule had changed. Whether it actually had or not is not something I know the answer to but it's irrelevant in any case. My point was that the rules change all the time and if you are told a rule has changed, what is the point of letting yourself get upset about it.

Years ago, I was driving in a city on a busy highway that transits through the city. A driver cut me off and I was venting out loud about what a xyx that driver was. My Brother was with me and he said to me something like, 'what good does it do you to get your blood pressure up about it? That driver is not going to be affected by your rant, the only person that is going to suffer is you. Let it go.' The same is true with all the rants or even just calm complaints people post here. The GA is not reading all these comments and thinking, 'oh what a bad person I am.' The OP is the only person that this incident has upset. Is it really worth spending time and effort on to even post this thread?

The reality is that air travel today is no longer a privilege reserved for those who can afford it. Air travel today is no different than taking a bus. Having expectations that you will be treated any better than someone getting on a bus is an unrealistic expectation. Even those who say, 'I have Gold status' etc. need to realize that it means nothing. Everyone and their uncle seems to have 'gold status' these days. This forum is full of people who think they have 'status'. The reality is that the only people with 'status' that really matters are those who can afford to not fly commercial at all. IF you want your expectations met then buy your own plane or charter a flight. When your expectations aren't met then, you FIRE the crew. But when you are in a position where the other person has more 'position power' than you do (as every GA on every commercial flight you board does), you have lower status than they do. Time to realize just what status you really have and move on.