FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yachting in Seychelles
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:56 am
Isavethings

Yachting in Seychelles

Hi all, I'm new here and am hoping you guys could give me some help. I originally posted this in the Africa forum and was advised to post here as well. I appreciate any advice you can offer!

I'm surprising my wife with a trip to the Seychelles in the middle of August. We'll be spending 6 nights, though our flight arrives very late, so the trip is effectively 5 nights.

As part of the trip, I'm considering booking a 3 night By The Cabin yacht charter through Dream Yacht Charters. The specific itinerary starts in Mahe, goes to La Digue and ends in Praslin....seems like a great alternative way to see several islands on a tight timeline. The ship is 82 feet with 12 double cabins. I can't post links yet, so I apologize that I'm not pointing you to the site. So, on to my questions!

1) I understand that seas can be lively in August. Is this something I should be concerned about on a yacht? I'd hate for either of us to get sea sick, though neither of us tend to get motion sickness.
2) has anyone had experience with Dream Yacht Charters or this type of cruise in the Seychelles? If so, what did you think? I'm having difficulty finding reviews of the company and this seems like a red flag.
3) anything you guys think I should consider before booking?

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by Isavethings; Feb 12, 2018 at 8:59 am