FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to guard against delays and cancellations
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:33 pm
knav2013

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Reviewers can quite often exaggerate things, as we all know why let a lie get in the way if a good story.
its possible the plane went tech causing that delay, that could happen to any flight anywhere.
With 8 or so hours and specific data for your flight for the last 3 months showing the worst delay at 95 minutes then I would worry a whole lot less than what you are.
It will be fine.
I think you may be right about that reviewer. Because he also says they were not provided any food during a total time of 12 hours inside the plane.

If the flight was delayed (nearly) 6 hours before take off, this would mean they spent 6 hours in flight. Seems rather fanciful for a flight from HAN to Seoul to take 6 hours. Anyway, I checked the history and no flight has taken 6 hours.

However, I was able to corroborate another review, where the flight was delayed some 2.5 hours (flight: VZ308) Some reviewers have highlighted how VietJet would sometimes change your booking to another flight (or change the time) without any notice!. One reviewer had turned up for her flight (on new year's eve) only to find that the airport was closed!.

No info had been sent by VietJet (at least not to foreigners apparently). She say's Vietjet has knowingly continued to sell tickets whilst knowing the Airport will be closed.

I can't see how someone could eaggerate about the airport closure. Even if Vietjet keeps to the schedules (more or less) I find these practtices rather distasteful.

BTW, do you happen to know how websites like flightaware and flightradar24 get the landing time of the aircraft? IS it passed from the Airport authorities? I saw a forum post on the flightradar24 forums, but no one has answered it.

Last edited by knav2013; Feb 11, 2018 at 10:46 pm