FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blindsided by claimed "New" Carry-On Policy - only 1 personal item (for 50 seat UX)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:40 am
FlytheTail

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
A Trans States Airlines operated flight. Note Trans States Airlines has a different set of FARs and bag requirements than mainline or other UX carriers. The policies are mainly similar but it has been noted previously the carry on requirements are different among the UX carriers (eg small items with wheels).
I experienced this about 3 months ago on a UAX carrier, don't remember which one. When traveling for 2-3 days, I usually carry on a satchel and small shoulder bag. I've carried both on dozens of CR2s, CR9s, ER145s, etc. Upon boarding, the FA insisted that I was only allowed to carry on one personal item. I politely challenged her, and she stood firm, claiming that most FAs don't enforce this FAA mandate. There was nothing I could do except express my frustration and disappointment. Since then, I haven't had any problems on DL, UA, or AA flights carrying both bags on small regional aircraft.