FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Racial profiling by United premier rep
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:10 am
Two Bee

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
... this is where things started to get ugly
9:32am: My turn comes, I walk towards the check-in counter and hear the United rep shouting towards me (I'm the only person there) "this line is for F and 1K passengers only, you need to go there" pointing at the Economy check-in, I kept walking towards the lady in the 1K check-in counter and the lady kept persisting that I belong in the economy check-in before even validating ID, ticket or class. I responded and asked her "how do you know I'm not F or 1K passenger?" and she mumbled something to herself. At this point I told her I'm flying F and 1K, and she printed my ticket...
I personally see NOTHING in the above encounter that would indicate that the t/a was raciest, although she just might be one.

When I brought my son over here 7 years ago from Thailand, being very dark complected, he was also super self conscious, and mentioned to me several times that he was different, and I could tell that he was extremely upset about this fact, and it bothered him a lot. As time went on, and he went thru high school, and starred on the soccer team, he adjusted and fit in very well. There was a small group of affluent punks that continually ganged up on him, but he ignored them and things moved on without a hitch. He didn't report them to the dean, he just took the high road, and now he is in college, and has adjusted to America very well.

The OP just needs to blow off little things like being told to move to another line, and quit assuming that it is because of his race that he was dissed. ...and as others have mentioned, these agents are lazy, and it is their m.o. to automatically direct EVERYONE somewhere else so that they can just "Hang Out!"

Naw! The OP was treated just like EVERYONE else who gets assisted by this t/a, so in that respect he is just a regular UA pax, and he should feel honored that he gets handled just like the rest of us!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 11, 2018 at 11:38 am Reason: repaired quote