FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Racing to.... the bottom. Will someone save Hyatt?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:11 am
Tokyoite

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Comparing your experience at a random Hyatt in San Antonio with the whole program is simple fallacy.
Give at least 5 anecdotal experience from both programs to even begin a comparison. I am not defending Hyatt (I have decamped to Marriot anyway), but Hyatt treats its elites well at most properties (qualifier = properties outside the North America). A comparison at flagship properties (in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Delhi, Maldives, London, Paris, Milan, Cape Town, Cairo, Rio, Lima etc,.) would result in an even result, if not slightly better for Hyatt.
But, the overall experiences dont differ much for each chain's elites. Of course, it depends on what you (as the elite) values the most.
Late check out? Lounge access? Upgrades? Waived auxiliary fees? Guaranteed last minute cash availability?

This discussion warranties some popcorn for the spectators (like me), but also, is indeed a poor use of time.

Just define what you (as the elite) values the most, chose wisely, and be loyal to the chain. What else can we hope for anyway?