FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - India joins US Global Entry programme.
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:45 pm
fishbowl27

Originally Posted by obelix1
I think couple of things are very clear. It will take time, and based on what we have seen so far, it is 5-6months to say the least (for US resident). Also, approval will come unless there was an issue with police report which I think passport portal shows in the status (no personal experience though). I don't think there are serious inquiries by Home/Finance ministry as such.

Besides, trying to get hold of somebody senior via phone or email who can actually see what's going on. As Acid said, RPO staff still don't know what it is so one can keep running around in circle with them. So, if do you send somebody then just try to get hold of someone who is APO at least.

For personal application, I'd avoid social media and do it more discreetly.

For policies/process, we should definitely push for separate channel for people who live in US as it doesn't make sense for them to go for police verification in India, and social media awareness can help us.
Hey - thanks for all the great information. When did you submit the application and when did you visit the PSK? I visited on Sept 4 and haven't heard a word yet...