FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:37 am
lds89

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by goodml
We’re flying LAX to MEL via SYD on March 7th. Says meal selection is available within 30 days but there’s nothing to select. I called and the rep tried to help but also couldn’t book it. Then she put me on hold for about 20 mins and when she came back I was given the dreaded answer, “ I have consulted with our dining department and they have no information about meals on this flight and don’t expect you to be able to preorder at any point before boarding.” In reading above I see this is an ongoing issue. Does the catering issue mean we’ll actually receive no meals on this 15ish hour flight or is it that there’s no preordering? Thank you.
You'll get meals - all the transpac routes are now back to full service. The issue is that they are using different caterers for different flights (ie Japan flights use JAL catering), etc so they've disabled preordering

You will get several entree choices for the first meal and the standard should be back to normal, just no pre-ordering. Still will have hot snacks between meals on that route, snack bar set up, PJs / casper bedding, and light meal before landing