FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [CONSOLIDATED] United WiFi and phone calls: WiFi Calling, VOIP apps, & etc discussion
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:40 pm
GeorgeK

Programs: Delta PL & MM, Starwood PL, Hyatt Diam, Hilton Diam
Thumbs down First Class FA didn't know and walked away letting passenger chat away

UNITED Flight 222 ORD to SFO 2/7/2017 - First class cabin....

I am currently in row 1 and the gentlemen next to me was using his phone in flight. I asked him if he was allowed and he said it was VOIP and using a Whats App and it was allowed. I then asked the FA attending the first class cabin if he was allowed to use his cellphone through VOIP. She said she didn't know, walked off and sat back down chit chatting with the other FA in the first class cabin. The guy continued his conversation. Of course once he got off he started giving me a hard time...Thanks United First Class FA for not knowing your own policy.

Upon further research it appears that it IS against United Policy to use your cellphone and VOIP using the united in flight internet. I would suggest updating this FA on the policy, and to not be so rude if another passenger in first class, has a similar situation.