FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Catching a taxi at BKK and general Thailand taxi discussion
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:40 am
Jimgotkp

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CJKatl
While I am not questioning your choice of Uber Black, I will point out Uber X has been phenomenal when I've used them in Bangkok. The cars are new, meticulously clean and driven by great people. I've actually ridden in several newish Mazda 323s (or whatever those are called in Thailand) and a couple Hondas. Small, but very clean and professional.
I despise taxi drivers in BKK so I used AoT between BKK and my hotel. For trips within Bangkok that required a car, I used Uber but during one of the rides my driver was pulled over from the police and given a ticket. Since then, I realized that all my drivers have been hiding their phones from their dashboard and/or asking myself or my companion to get into the front seat due to the police. Disappointing that this is the case since there are a lot of taxi drivers who drive away if they're not happy with the fare and/or destination. I waited for a taxi at the St. Regis before getting into an Uber for roughly 20 minutes after the doorwoman was unable to get a taxi driver to drive us to our hotel.