FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To Book or not to book advanced seat reservations for a family of 3
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:05 am
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by mashlakito
I was wondering if families in general tend to book advanced sear reservations while booking their tickets with Air Canada for trans-atlantic travel to ensure that they are seated together or does Air Canada generally seats families together if the tickets are booking under one booking?

Thanks for your opinions in advance
Mash
Unless one person is underage AC has no requirement to put you anywhere near each other. If there is a block of seats together they’ll likely put you in then at OLCI. Likelihood depends on things like route and loads.

I assume you are flying Tango. I always pay for a preferred seat... but that can be pricey. I think generic advance seat is like $15 a head and you can get better seats that way.

If it’s worth $45 or whatever is up to you. The seat map may give some information as to what seats are currently free... Checking in bang on t-24h is your next best option (and free) but there could be 200 other people doing that and ACs OLCI system isn’t functional 100% of the time.