FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Laylow, Autograph Collection -- Honolulu/Waikiki, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:25 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I thought I'd give it one more try: booked a regular room and was happy to see the Marriott app show a partial ocean view/Exec Level room. When I checked in the agent said I'd been upgraded and I thanked her assuming it was what the app said. Nope. No view, no exec floor, but it was called a suite (one room, but with a shelf separating an odd area with table & chairs). Appreciated the effort to upgrade, but when the agent said they don't do the exec level any more I should have questioned everything. At check-out, I asked why no view or Exec Level as the app showed, agent said they continue to have issues between Marriott and hotel room system. I call b.s. they have had time to fix those issues and room descriptions, I think the GM simply doesn't care as long as he rakes in great revenue at the bar and via Resort Fees.

The $15 voucher given in lieu of no lounge is better than what they used to do, but I doesn't cover breakfast, nor bottles of water/coffee/tea that you'd get in a lounge or on the 'exec level pantry'.

Appreciate that they have a card that explains what's in the Resort fee, but it still is not much of value.

Kudos to them for the Maak Labs soaps, but my bottles were 1/2 full. FD said they'd send up replacement bottles, but didn't follow-up.

Housekeeping called me 1.5 hrs before check-out asking when I was checking out

I really like the decor of the rooms and public spaces and the bar has some amazing cocktails/food. Kudos to Marriott for offering something far from your typical tacky Marriott, but they need to treat elite customers better if they want to retain high-value customers, especially those from SPG.
I did some research.

Here is the contact for the management company (they are not managed by Marriott, only a franchise):

Chuck Freije
Senior Vice President Operations, Pyramid Hotel Group
[email protected]