FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied suite upgrade when one was available Wyndham Deerfield Beach - Diamond member
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:11 pm
dinanm3atl

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by synergistic
Given that the elite benefits are few and the good ones are rarely available, we see no worthwhile value to any sort of status with Wyndham. We just chase promos and redeem for GoFast on our two separate accounts. I think we got something like 38k in each of our accounts last year, with five nights/stays apiece. 76k points for less than $750, and the GoFast awards have yielded very good points values when we've used them. It's our most valuable hotel program, but we have zero loyalty to them outside of promos.
I'm only a member and use them to stay at lower tier places to earn points and use them at nicer places either via GoFast or free nights. The rest of the benefits simply don't exist. I have experienced the same thing as the OP. I am at check-in and know I could book an upgraded room right now and check-in and get it. Told 'there isn't any available'. It's 1230am... really think how many are showing up and looking for it?