FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - conrad bali, fiji Hilton or Mauritius
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:54 am
Hotel Points Guy

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by laguy35
thank you so far to everyone.

with a 4 year old and a 6 year old, they really dont care for anything but a nice beach/hotel....or should we just stay local and goto hawaii. Homes is los angeles
I would suggest Hawaii given what you told us (traveling with young kids that like a nice beach and hotel). I'm sure all the other locales have nice beaches and hotels too, but from a cost perspective, getting from LA to Hawaii can be very reasonable. If you insist on staying at a Hilton property, you could try the Hilton Waikoloa Village on the Big Island or the Grand Wailea on Maui. I would suggest the HWV with the kids. I think they would really enjoy the property, and there are wonderful beaches in close proximity (Hapuna Beach State Park is only a 10-15 minute drive away and very nice), and I have seen reasonable award rates for this hotel. Also, a day trip to see the Volcano may be interesting to the kids (heck, I found it interesting as an adult too!) The Big Island offers so much...black and white sand beaches, Volcanoes, wineries, good food (check out The Kona Inn Restaurant...reasonable prices and good for kids and adults), cultural activities...there's something for everyone!