FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The R Games
Thread: The R Games
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:26 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
I don't know if it's because it's a Saturday or it's February and possibly low season (and maybe no trade shows), but since you're a regular on this route, you would know a lot more than me.

When I was flying YYZ-SFO more often, only narrow-bodies were available. The early morning departure from YYZ were so full of SEs and MMs that there was spill-over into Y. I recall many flights where the Preferred seats were full of SEs and MMs as we often ended up in conversation. One MM complained to me about his upgrade not clearing and this was well before published lists. I don't know if he was someone who knew about EF, upgrade priorities and things like fares, but I'll assume yes.

The daytime return flights were the same and the only time I saw an empty in J was on the red-eyes from SFO.

Maybe you're right about eUp rationing and NOGO Tango and branded fares, or maybe fewer people really need to fly that route today.

IMHO
The bolded part is my point. A couple years ago, every SE (and probably many lower statuses) would have requested an upgrade on this route. Now they're sitting in Y with plenty of space in J.