FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2018/2019 Edition
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:12 am
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by urww
Domestic First Class meals? The sad state of things. I kept getting very bad meals pretty much on every occasion over the last half a year or so. It got to the point I don't consider DL serves meals anymore. At the same time I'm pretty happy with DeltaOne meals (TATL and South America).

LAS-JFK
That all we got on a 4+ hours cross country leaving at 10.50 am. The salmon was borderline inedible (just was cold and absolutely flavourless). The lemon tart maybe 4 out of 10. The other choice was vegetable lasagna, again it was just a lasagna and a cookie, not a side salad, nothing.
What AA serves on a 2 hours LGA-MIA looks like a real fest comparing to this.

SEA-LAX
Again no menus and FAs having hard time explaining what's on offer: it's a... fish. I think it's a salmon.
So it was inedible overheated to no return point pasta with a white fish. It might be halibut, but I wouldn't be sure. The fish was covered by extremely spicy substance. Other than that it had no taste. The state of a pasta you can best judge from a pic. A soup was good!
Really weird how the much shorter SEA-LAX flight has a much more substantial (specifically regarding quantity) meal, compared to the meal on the LAS-JFK flight, which is almost a transcon! Doesn't make sense at all.