FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Toronto family out $8K after AC booking goes wrong in Iran
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:55 am
Transpacificflyer

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by yulred

When in Rome...
Granted, he is in a position to respond. Unlike the guy in the story who's now been accused of not knowing how to sort out visas, or only managing to resolve the issue because of another airline's lack of detail-oriented staff "in that neck of the woods".
You bet you I will respond. You are off on a delusional assertion based upon false assumptions. First, did you notice the part where I stated that I believed that the Iranian ground staff acted appropriately? Secondly, whatever my views are on EK, they have no relation to the subject at hand. EK provided a flight that went to Dubai. This did not require AC or BA's consent or approval. EK can do whatever it wants in its own space. And anyway, I don't know why you assume that I have an issue with EK, other than the fact that it receives direct state support since it is owned by the state Investment Corporation of Dubai. Nor are the rules that apply for travel from Iran to the UAE necessarily the same as those that apply for Tehran to an EU airport. How about, not assuming incompetence on the part of the local Iranian BA personnel?

The local EK ticket agent provided a ticket. We don't know how it was purchased do we, but they plaintiffs are posing for a photo in the business class cabin, so that should give you an idea that the people involved were not simpletons incapable of caring care for themselves.
Newsflash, the chap does rather well for himself and he isn't going to be having a garage sale anytime soon to raise money.

You ever do business or deal with compliance issues in that region? Security is significantly tighter on flights to the EU than it is on the regional flights. The paper work is reviewed ,the head counts are checked and the passenger manifestos are filed and cross checked. Rather than criticize the local Iranian BA staff, I am giving them the benefit of the belief that they were doing their jobs.