FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why cannot we get deals from India to Canada
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:03 pm
mkannuri

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Have you checked Google Flights? I plugged in May 1 - Sept. 1 and found flights for $1233. if they can delay travel until the end of May your price will drop below $1000 per Google Flights. Your challenge, which I'm sure comes as no surprise, is that there's often a direct correlation between more expensive flights and shorter total travel duration.
Thanks for the help, but I could not see the prices you are talking in google flight which is my default search engine ( I even tried, matrix, momendo and other sites..).
from VTZ to YYZ..nothing below $1500..that too I should avoid the Srilankan Airlines as it has more than 12hours layover in London, no OTA is issuing this ticket for Indians due to no transit visa IMHO.
I tried to book BOM/DEL and connect domestic flights separately..still they are crossing more than $1400 with 9hrs layout in either of the departing cities.
I have travelled YYZ to VTZ several times..never paid more than $1000..where as the VTZ to YYZ is above $500..
That's confusing for me..
If you come across any other alternative way to reduce the price..please help

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
What did you expect? It's a long way.
Thanks Kevin, I know its long way..but I have seen and flown the other way around much lesser than $1000 (from Canada to India) and wondering why the opposite is $1500+ That too even for the flexible dates.

Originally Posted by KDS777
I have a few colleagues and friends who fly to Mumbai or Delhi annually and when we get to talking about airfare on occasion, they all complain about the cost as well.
Hmm..actually from Canada (Toronto) to india there are always deals if you plan early or flexble dates..i myself flew several times under $1000..
But my problem is originating from india to Canada is always $500 difference..that too with long layovers.
from VTZ to YYZ..nothing decent under $1500 despite flexible dates/months..

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 31, 2018 at 12:19 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts