FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Here’s A Look Back At Your 2017 Medallion Year" Email
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:24 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I received it as well, and the site appears to be getting absolutely hammered. The video didn't play properly when I first visited, but returning 45 minutes later it eventually did load. It probably puts you in a queue to be rendered when you visit the first time, so if you want to see it, click the link then try again a half hour later.

You're not missing out on much: it's just a fill-in-the blanks marketing video with a few bits of text as overlays that have statistics on your 2017 travel (number of cities and countries visited; most frequent destination; BIS miles flown; frequent flier miles banked; and number of times you flew in J and F.) Most of this content can also be found in the Medallion account statement summary e-mails. The video itself is pretty nice, though - a bit reminiscent of the "getting up at 4:30AM 'off to work we go'" ad from a year or two back.

It's a cute idea, but I was hoping for some actual personalization based on my destinations when I clicked through from the e-mail - photos of destinations I visited, intl vs domestic split, that sort of thing. I can understand why they might not want to do that, though - for one, the data may not be accurate (they have my most frequent destination listed as Vancouver, since I drove up there to depart so much chasing cheap airfares), and for two, they might remind people of unpleasant travel (remember that 24 hours you spent in Atlanta when the power was out? Or when you went home for a funeral?)...