FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Super Bowl hotel advice-MSP
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:23 pm
Sallycat

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mickidon
We ended up booking at the AC Marriott (thanks to all who helped above) at a very high price. From everything I've read, demand for this game has been lower than the norm and people expect that rooms will free up a few days before the game when room blocks are released by the NFL and others. If you are patient, I'll bet you will find something closer to game day. I wasn't and clearly jumped the proverbial gun, but I didn't want to worry about it. As someone suggested upstream, Air bnb is an option and they do seem to have some well located offerings close to town.
Good luck. Now to find the warmest possible clothing!
Thanks! I am more on your wavelength, I'd rather lock something in and wait, but my husband and dad are more of the "wait and see" approach and are telling me to cool my jets until next week. We were fortunate, we booked our flight there for ~$130 out of PVD on DL, and were scrambling on the way back (we missed the boat on the $550 direct MSP-BOS on UA earlier in the week), but snagged the 1:30 redeye back from MSP-BOS on DL at $510 yesterday on a whim, so they were basically like, "see, if you wait, you can get your precious SPG nights...". Air BnB is not an option to my dad (husband and I are totally down) - my dad is kind of a snob and is willing to pay for a "decent" hotel, it's just finding one at this point.

Great call on the clothing - we have ordered a ton of those hand warmer packets, long underwear, etc.!