FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earliest bag drop times away from the UK
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:25 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
I had just this question last week about an early bag drop at LAX. As it turned out I didn't face the problem, but this post just pointed me to the "hidden" spot on MMB where BA pretty much buries the information. I then remembered something that had happened to me at LHR a few years ago that bears out what is said on the website. I had shown up early for a WT+ flight to LAX and had gone to the Business Class check in desk desk with my bags only to be told (over 3 hours before the flight) that I couldn't check in. I told the person that I was OW Ruby and I thought that I could. As it turned out BA Customer Service had screwed up after I talked to them on the phone and neglected to put my AA number on the booking so my status didn't show. She then put my AA number on the booking and smiled and said she'd be happy to check me in. So it's all about class of service or status. Here's the breakdown. Hope this helps others.

Cabin or Executive Club tierOpening times

From 03:30 on the day of departure
  • First
  • Club World
  • Club Europe
  • Executive Club Gold, Silver and Bronze Members
From 3 hours before the flight departure time, but not before the earliest opening time of 03:30
  • World Traveller
  • World Traveller Plus
  • Euro Traveller

Last edited by BLG; Jan 26, 2018 at 10:32 am