FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Q4/Full Year 2017 Results/Conference Call 23 Jan 2018
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:17 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by spin88
I hope that they (a) roll it out quickly, and (b) come up with a reasonable price structure. I am a little concerned if they are basing projections on ANA and LH, both of which (a) have much better Y product than the new United, and (b) rely much less on elite traffic, and (c) have always had more non-discounted J traffic - and bigger J sections, than does UA. I would expect United to have far more demand for PE given its horrible Y and large number of discounted corporate J deals.
Seats and price. I had not realized until recently that UA gave significant J discount to corporates but people flying on their own money do not get the benefit of those discounts. I do choose PE on OAL and also J OAL. It is about price and comfort.

Originally Posted by claaaaaydavis
I love that they have a slide talking about the number of premium seats out of LA being number 2 when they have made such a concerted effort to fly some of the worst seats in premium out of LA
Yes, I look at OAL for flying internationally as I can fly out of LAX quite easily and will often choose a different airline.
Originally Posted by halls120
I'd rather pay more to get more than try to pay less and get more. The latter proposition is why we have shrinking seat widths, less pitch, less seat padding, increasingly claustrophobic lavs, and poor food and drink. YMMV, of course.
Totally agree with this and financial viability is critical. I want them to stay around. Following the discount airlines down market and the associated experience is great if that is your business model.

I as a consumer however, as I get older, look for comfort and amenities and look for this which is why UA does not get all if my busiess, although I do ensure I meet 1K qualification each year.