FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Trappings of No Interest
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:08 am
MacMyDay

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Bathrobes. I never use a hotel bathrobe.
Oh, Carol. This is because you never stayed in Amanruya. I purchased two robes, which was already one of my top 3 decisions of all time, but now that Amanruya has closed it is unequivocally the best. With the demise of Amanruya, I have taken a scared vow to fight to my last breath for their right to be remembered as the greatest bath robes on earth. Please take a moments silence to remember their undisputed contribution to mankind.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’d get rid of all heating units and all spas, since I never use either...but then I’d never run into @MacMyDay, completely ruining my chances to turn him gay and make him think more of me while lying in bed. (Sincerest apologies to LH.)
You already know the way to my heart; you're half-way there.

Originally Posted by jonjparr
Ever so slightly off topic but similar to the incident with the bottle was my experience at the Lanesborough. MacMyDay already knows this story but after my long weekend stay at the property in an Executive Junior Suite I took home the full size Roja parfums toiletries from the bathroom
Every time I know someone is going to The Lanesborough for the first time, I do like to drop in a hint or two that they should take all the toiletries home, compliments of a Mr. Parr. We actually managed to get The Lanesborough to change their wording on their loyalty scheme, as they were not specific enough on what a car transfer entitled you to. They had in mind within around 1.5 miles of the hotel; we had in mind Heathrow - 40 minutes away. We won the battle, but they lived on to fight another day.