FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in GDL / Guadalajara
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:57 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by okamzikprosim
For an upcoming work trip, I have three options of flights (SFO-MEX on AM, SFO-LAX-MEX on DL and AM, or SJC-GDL-MEX on Volaris) however if I choose Aeromexico instead of Volaris I am liable for the cost difference. In some sense I also prefer the Volaris flight because I live south of SJC but I'm concerned connecting in GDL will be overly complicated. I've not been able to find any information on what a connection in GDL is like.

I need to double check what the connect time is, but I'm curious how much time should be allotted between such a connection. Additionally, I'm curious if the level of service is substantially lower on Volaris than on Aeromexico.
I've never transited GDL, but you'll need to enter Mexico, go through immigration and customs formalities, bag re-drop, and then security for your departure. @ MEX, you need 2 hours for this (minimum) for comfort. GDL? Not sure, but I'd allow no less.
Are UA and AS not options? (Nonstops from SFO).
I've only flown AM up front (several times) - the main cabin service seems to be a pass of the drink cart, some sort of meal/snack, and perhaps another beverage cart. Flight distance SFO/MEX is similar to SFO/ORD. AM has a decent seatback IFE system in most of their aircraft.