FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 48 hours in Barcelona or day trips from Madrid?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:48 pm
spainlover

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Originally Posted by pbiflyer

I am on my way back from Spain. Spent the weekend in Barcelona. This advice was probably among the best I have ever received here.
Flew in Friday noon. Even if I would have had to have flown out Saturday morning it would have been worth it. Barcelona is an amazing place. And I did very little of the touristy stuff. I spent maybe 30 minutes on Las Ramblas, saw the Sangrada Familia from the outside, same with the Gaudi places.
I did however, wander the streets, sit in random cafes, talked to locals, watched salsa dancing in a park, sat on the beach with a beer in hand. Best 48 hours, well 54 really, that I have spent in a place.
I am happy that I went when I did as I could see the season crush of tourists making it a different experience. It was crowded even in this low time.
But thanks for the encouragement to make the trip. Even the flight was easy. Although Vueling gives Spirit a run for their money on leg room!
Hurray! Glad you had a great time. Barcelona is such a wonderful city - I'm glad you enjoyed it. And luckily it wasn't a long flight to deal with minimal leg room.