FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ski-in/out resort
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:48 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by Cynicor
the bus- whiteliner- is the one I always used. It costs not too much and is excellent and runs to end march. Highly recommend.
rusutsu you could still have a decent time, though I find it needs a bit more snow to be decent and is quite flat, as a resort.
the Westin has ok slope access, about similar to Tomamu.
I'm done a bunch of research on Tomamu Towers, Westin, Hilton. i think Tomamu Towers is out. Too many bad hotel reviews.

I'd really like to do Hilton. I'm Hilton Diamond and Niseko Hilton always treats me well, whereas I really am not too familiar with SPG in general. But Hilton is so out of the way. It's 3.5hrs from the hotel via shuttle & slow local trains to Sapporo, whereas Westin has a 2hr free shuttle bus to Sapporo. Plus Westin has a pool, although I understand that it is in a completely separate complex and you take a monorail to get there.

When you say Westin has ok slope access, how good/bad is it? I'm seeing many reviews saying that it takes a long time to get to the lift from Westin (but they don't quantify) and that it's not a true ski in/out resort. Do you recall how long it takes to go from the room to the slopes? And where do people keep skis overnight? Also, do you know how it works as far as getting to the pool? Usually when you go to a hotel pool, you just go in swimsuit, T-shirt and flip-flops. At Westin, though, it seems like it'll be very cold going to/from the pool?

Also, how does onsen at Westin compare to the one at Hilton?

Have you been to Sheraton Kiroro btw? If so, how do they (hotel, skiing) compare to Hilton? Sorry for asking so many questions. Anyone else is welcome to chime in.