FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tax refund?? (for some UA Travel Bank funded trips?)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyngSvyr

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I just received a peculiar email from United saying certain taxes included with my fare booked with my travel bank, shouldn't have been paid and they have been refunded to my travel bank account. They've already been refunded and per my own audit the refunded amount matches the sum of the US Transportation Tax, Flight Segment Tax, and Passenger Facility Charge.

I mean I'm not complaining about getting $20 back for no apparent reason, I'm just a bit perplexed. Anybody experience something similar?
Maybe it is because you paid for the entire ticket with the travelbank and it is considered a type of rebate program & the fees they refunded you can't be used from the travelbank?

I paid for a ticket last year with partial travelbank and the rest credit card, so I assume the credit card portion of the payment was used for those fees.

Interesting to see how they might manage this in the future while paying from travelbank for the entire purchase of a ticket.