FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL SIN MR Apr 16-18, 2018 IAH SIN $708.31 21,668 MQM 3.3 CPM
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:07 pm
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
That thread was started by the same OP as this one, and if you look at the one you posted, the mods shut it down (for reasons that escape us all)
The mods didn't shut it down; they moved it to the discussion sub-forum because (1) the mistaken impression that the deal wasn't active (well, it comes and goes), but more importantly (2) the deals forum is for discussions of active deals only, and not trip reports/suggestions for things to do/general discussions about changes to the DL program.

IMO the original thread had evolved into its own thing and if it were up to me, I would have let it keep going in its original form, in its original location. But I am not a mod

However they have said that keeping a thread in the MR forum for discussions of fares is fine, and we can link to the other thread for the other stuff. This seems like a pretty fair and reasonable solution to me, so other than this explanatory post I will try to do my part to keep to that arrangement.

i.e. I'm sure some amount of chatter is ok but longer discussions that aren't centrally about fares/booking probably should take place in the other thread which angra already linked to but I'll add something in the wiki.