FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:57 pm
mzsmiley

Originally Posted by Stampy
As of lately, conditional approval seem to be on average between 1-2 weeks from application submission. There are some lucky ones who received their conditionals in <1 week.

As for the interview following the conditional approval, grab the earliest one at your convenient time & desired location and be actively searching the calendar on a daily basis should you desire an earlier date. Earlier slots are often freed up with people rescheduling/cancelling their appointments.
I second above posters' comments. Fiance and I applied same day, 1/9/18, and both conditionally approved today, 1/18/18. Conditional approvals seem to be hovering at +1 week.

We live in Los Angeles and scheduled our interviews for 2/12/18 in Long Beach as that was the earliest available. We have been checking throughout the day for earlier time slots since we have a trip coming up on 2/14/18 and were able to get earlier appointments -- him at LAX tomorrow and myself at LGB on 2/2. Be persistent!