FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Arrivd 7:30pm SIN- enough time for Hawker Center?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:48 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
My daughter and I will be returned through SIN, arrive 7:30pm, leaving next morning at 11am. Any recommendations for Hawker Center area with reasonable hotels nearby? We'll be arriving on a Tuesday, if that makes a difference in terms of how late place would be open. I'm assuming for an 11am flight, probably need to be on the way about 7:30am.

Obviously this has to be efficient (hotel very near to Hawker Center and not too far from the airport). This will be first time to a Singapore food court, so would like to make it a good one. :-)

Thanks!
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
If all you want to do s Hawker Centre and sleep, I would be very tempted to stay at the Crowne Plaza in T3 (assume you're on SQ or UA)?

No hauling bags and the widest choice of eating venues - just grab a taxi & go!
I second this idea if all you want to do is eat at a hawker centre and then sleep, just stay at the Crowne Plaza and take a taxi wherever you want to go. MRT stops running around midnight and dealing with the transfer and baggage each way just isn't worth whatever money you'll save. The taxi shouldn't be much more than S$25 each way, less if you stick close to the airport, more between midnight and 0600.

Check-in, head downstairs to get a cab (or alternatively go to the taxi stand at T3 which is what I usually do) and head to whichever hawker centre you want to partake in. When you've eaten your fill, take a taxi back and get a full night of sleep before walking over to the terminal for your flight. I'm not sure what the best late night hawker centre options are, but I'm sure others can chime in. The last time I was at SIN, immigration took well over an hour, but even if that happens it shouldn't impact your schedule too much.