FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - oneworld and AA Lounge Access Based on oneworld Status
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:12 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by tfizzle
For the first time, and likely last time, I made ExPlat for 2018 and am traveling through HKG with a 3.5 hour layover with my wife. We have friends that will meet us for our second leg and we would like to try to get them access to a Bus lounge. I"m Exp Plat (sapphire) and my wife is Emerald, so we each qualify for an entry plus a guest in the Business class CS lounge. That said, I really want to try the cabanas in the CX WING first lounge in HKG in which I can bring my wife as a guest. Can you tell me if this plan will work for our friends.

First 2 hours, go to the WING for First Cabanas with my wife as my guest and then, depart and go to the Pier Business lounge where we each can bring a guest to get our friends in.

Thanks for all the helpful advice, I have learned so much for FT forums.
EXP is oneworld Emerald, not Sapphire. So if you are both Emerald, you can both access any of the F lounges plus one guest each.

If you have your stones mixed up and you are Emerald via EXP, and your wife is Sapphire, then of course your plan will work. You can go to any of the F lounges with your wife as your guest, then later go to any of the Business lounges with your 2 friends as guests of you and your wife.