FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Republic, Autograph Collection - San Diego, CA [Master Thread]
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:45 pm
fotoflyer88

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
How was the hotel in terms of elite treatment? Upgrade? Perks?
I'm PLT - on a 1 night stay I just got "upgraded" to a top floor room (19th) that had a partial ocean view? Not a suite, etc... Lounge closed on weekends, so you get a "continental" voucher that is really just good for $30 off whatever you want to order off the menu (2 people, not sure if you could get $30 off for just 1 person... probably?). Food was tasty! But some issues for sure that I need to write up, such as staff unaware of the Mobile App chat feature, being charged tax still for the amount covered by the breakfast voucher, my folio being then overcharged from what I signed for at breakfast, etc.

No more pool FYI. Walls seemed thin as we were woken up at 2:30am by some violently loud people yelling and arguing in the hallway. Security came up, then left and it happened again. No note under the door or any sort of proactive apology.

Parked on the street since it was after 6pm on Saturday, so street parking was free all day Sunday a lot of $$$ otherwise ($45+).