FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Program Year 2018 Elite Status Buy back / Buyback / Renew / Boost (master thd) .
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:38 pm
FlyerBeek

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I’m Platinum and had already cleared the EQD requirement for Platinum Pro, so my guess is that if you’ve already hit the minimum for a given tier requirement measure, excess earning of that measure won’t affect your offer.
That makes sense. I'm more curious about someone whose retroactive Aviator EQD posting pushed them over the status EQD threshold, yet they still needed more EQM. Prior to this month, the net effect was that EQDs were lowering the buy-back/buy-up offer (up until they reached the minimum EQD required for that status level). So far, we have not yet seen any reports of the buy-back/buy-up offers being reduced for these late posting EQD adjustments. Might just be a good datapoint to have for future years, especially if late posting credit card spend proves disadvantageous to participate in these offers.

-FlyerBeek