FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:06 pm
Absolute

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Avoid if Possible for a Good Night\'s Sleep

Overall I've stayed in this property several times, and my earlier reviews on TripAdvisor were removed due to the "renovations" made, so on a flight delay, I decided to give it a chance again. What a mistake; the rooms continue to have paper-thin walls (I could hear the TV or conversations in the rooms next to me clearly), and the service wasn't anything special. If you have another option for staying in the area, or you want a good night's sleep, I encourage you to stay elsewhere. Check In I still can't believe that after all the renovations they didn't remove the stairs at the front entrance. Nothing welcomes guests like having to drag heavy bags up steps, while the front desk staff watch you. Staff were very casual, not welcoming me for being a member or asking me for what I would like as my platinum amenity. Anyone who has stayed at an SPG hotel is used to the keycards and the folders they're kept in.. at this hotel I was given a holder that looked like it was bought at a discount store; a red and white eyesore. Room I stayed in the Penthouse suite again, which still seems like a badly planned layout. It was a different room this time, with the door below the stairs now locked, so I couldn't store my bags underneath it. On the lower level is a bathroom, "bar top", kitchen table, desk, and TV lounge area. View from the entrance, of the main level Exact opposite view; the door is straight ahead at the bottom of the stairs, with the main floor bathroom being behind the sink area. Upstairs is the bed in an open loft, dresser, the closet, and the bathroom with a bathtub. View from the top of the stairs; dresser to the left, and bathroom behind to the right. View from the other side of the bed; the bathroom is through the door to the left. View from the top of the stairs, looking down at the lower level. Again - the closet is upstairs, so if you want to use it, you need to drag your bag(s) up the stairs. This is also where the iron is located, so it seems to be expected that you will bring your bag upstairs. I was surprised this time - there were no water bottles in the room, complimentary or pay. During the night I ended up waking up too thirsty to wait, so I dressed, went downstairs, and actually encountered another guest in the same predicament. The front desk opened a cabinet behind the desk, and handed us each two bottles, no charge. Why they were not placed in the room, I don't know. One problem I've noticed on my last few trips here is that it is very dry; as in I always woke up several times of the night with a dry throat, running for water, and finally had a sore throat in the morning. I don't know if they have a dehumidifier on overdrive or what, but I found the dryness very uncomfortable. Dining There is no room-service at this hotel, and the bar has variable hours depending on the day and number of people using it in the evening. There are no other options (other than across the street), so be prepared to order in or drive for food. Location The hotel is located near the airport, although a little further away than the other SPG hotels in the area. It's located right next to the 101... so expect some noise! Even if you're facing the other side (towards the bay), I could easily hear the noise of the road (squealing tires, honking, etc.) through the windows. There is nothing in the area, so if you're arriving late and expecting to walk to a place to eat (the restaurant closes early), there are no options nearby. Bathroom The bathroom is basic, and you can see work of the renovations - cracked tub/shower encasements where new holes were drilled for a new shower curtain bar, etc. Sometimes it's even the small details, such as the screws on light switch faceplates that have had most of the white paint scratched off them, that stand out the most as a sign of the quality of the hotel.It's a small inconsequential detail, but it summed up my overall opinion of the Four Points SFO, in terms of it not meeting Starwood standards (I've stayed at many Four Points and enjoyed them), and it seeming like the property... just doesn't care.