Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points by Sheraton SFO San Francisco Airport [Master Thread]

Old May 18, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Staying here on Friday night after a long flight, then heading to the city in the AM. According to the hotel desk, the shuttle will take me back to SFO to catch BART, but I believe there's a surcharge ($5/person?) for BART at the airport. Anyone know if I can get the shuttle to take me to San Bruno instead?
The shuttle is a shared airport van (3 or 4 hotels) so I doubt it. Depending on time and your luck, UBER Pool is sometimes not much more than BART fare.

You could also consider a SAMTRANS express bus from SFO. http://www.samtrans.com/schedulesand...tables/KX.html
Old May 18, 2017, 4:06 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We'll look into UBER. I don't see that the bus route goes on weekends. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2017, 2:47 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Stayed here a week ago Friday. Shuttle from airport was right on time and we were first in line to checkin. Check in was painless, and the clerk gave us b'fast vouchers since "it was our first time at an Aloft", which was very nice. He also confirmed the shuttle wouldn't take us anywhere but the airport, but that we should ask the morning desk clerk for directions to the Millbrae BART station.

B'fast was good, decent menu to order items from, and the morning desk clerk gave us easy to follow walking directions to the BART station. About a 12-15 minute walk on paved sidewalks with one big street to cross (with a crosswalk and lights). Saved $4-5/person on BART fare by not getting on at the airport stop.
Old May 30, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Stayed here a week ago Friday. Shuttle from airport was right on time and we were first in line to checkin. Check in was painless, and the clerk gave us b'fast vouchers since "it was our first time at an Aloft", which was very nice. He also confirmed the shuttle wouldn't take us anywhere but the airport, but that we should ask the morning desk clerk for directions to the Millbrae BART station.

B'fast was good, decent menu to order items from, and the morning desk clerk gave us easy to follow walking directions to the BART station. About a 12-15 minute walk on paved sidewalks with one big street to cross (with a crosswalk and lights). Saved $4-5/person on BART fare by not getting on at the airport stop.
It looks like you're confusing this property with the Aloft in Millbrae. This thread is for the Four Points SFO which is nowhere near Millbrae BART.

Last edited by RafKa; May 31, 2017 at 11:29 am
Old May 31, 2017, 10:06 am

How about that! I saw SFO and thought "airport". I guess I should start a thread for the Millbrae Aloft!
Old May 31, 2017, 10:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
How about that! I saw SFO and thought "airport". I guess I should start a thread for the Millbrae Aloft!
Or you could do a thread search first

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:08 am

Thanks. I started with the pinned thread listing all the hotels and didn't see it there
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:06 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Avoid if Possible for a Good Night\'s Sleep

Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Airport

264 S Airport Blvd South San Francisco, CA US 94080

Avoid if Possible for a Good Night's Sleep (10 Photos)

Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Airport

Overall

I've stayed in this property several times, and my earlier reviews on TripAdvisor were removed due to the "renovations" made, so on a flight delay, I decided to give it a chance again.  What a mistake; the rooms continue to have paper-thin walls (I could hear the TV or conversations in the rooms next to me clearly), and the service wasn't anything special.

If you have another option for staying in the area, or you want a good night's sleep, I encourage you to stay elsewhere.

Check In

I still can't believe that after all the renovations  they didn't remove the stairs at the front entrance.  Nothing welcomes guests like having to drag heavy bags up steps, while the front desk staff watch you.

2_IMG_20171209_050343.jpg

Staff were very casual, not welcoming me for being a member or asking me for what I would like as my platinum amenity.

Anyone who has stayed at an SPG hotel is used to the keycards and the folders they're kept in.. at this hotel I was given a holder that looked like it was bought at a discount store; a red and white eyesore.

1_IMG_20171208_233316 (2).jpg

Room

I stayed in the Penthouse suite again, which still seems like a badly planned layout.  It was a different room this time, with the door below the stairs now locked, so I couldn't store my bags underneath it.  On the lower level is a bathroom, "bar top", kitchen table, desk, and TV lounge area.

1_IMG_20171208_233332.jpg
View from the entrance, of the main level

1_IMG_20171208_233341.jpg
Exact opposite view; the door is straight ahead at the bottom of the stairs, with the main floor bathroom being behind the sink area.

Upstairs is the bed in an open loft, dresser, the closet, and the bathroom with a bathtub.

1_IMG_20171208_233445.jpg
View from the top of the stairs; dresser to the left, and bathroom behind to the right.

1_IMG_20171208_233453.jpg

View from the other side of the bed; the bathroom is through the door to the left. 

1_IMG_20171208_233548.jpg
View from the top of the stairs, looking down at the lower level.

Again - the closet is upstairs, so if you want to use it, you need to drag your bag(s) up the stairs. This is also where the iron is located, so it seems to be expected that you will bring your bag upstairs.

1_IMG_20171208_233542.jpg

I was surprised this time - there were no water bottles in the room, complimentary or pay.  During the night I ended up waking up too thirsty to wait, so I dressed, went downstairs, and actually encountered another guest in the same predicament.  The front desk opened a cabinet behind the desk, and handed us each two bottles, no charge.  Why they were not placed in the room, I don't know.

One problem I've noticed on my last few trips here is that it is very dry; as in I always woke up several times of the night with a dry throat, running for water, and finally had a sore throat in the morning.  I don't know if they have a dehumidifier on overdrive or what, but I found the dryness very uncomfortable.

Dining

There is no room-service at this hotel, and the bar has variable hours depending on the day and number of people using it in the evening.  There are no other options (other than across the street), so be prepared to order in or drive for food.

The hotel is located near the airport, although a little further away than the other SPG hotels in the area.  It's located right next to the 101... so expect some noise!  Even if you're facing the other side (towards the bay), I could easily hear the noise of the road (squealing tires, honking, etc.) through the windows.

There is nothing in the area, so if you're arriving late and expecting to walk to a place to eat (the restaurant closes early), there are no options nearby.

Bathroom

The bathroom is basic, and you can see work of the renovations - cracked tub/shower encasements where new holes were drilled for a new shower curtain bar, etc.

1_IMG_20171208_233526.jpg

Sometimes it's even the small details, such as the screws on light switch faceplates that have had most of the white paint scratched off them, that stand out the most as a sign of the quality of the hotel.

1_IMG_20171209_044841.jpg

It's a small inconsequential detail, but it summed up my overall opinion of the Four Points SFO, in terms of it not meeting Starwood standards (I've stayed at many Four Points and enjoyed them), and it seeming like the property... just doesn't care.

Avoid if Possible for a Good Night's Sleep

Would you like to write a review on the Four Points by Sheraton San Francisco Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:33 pm

Stayed here last night for a single night stay. We had an early flight after arriving late the night before. We were upgraded to a suite but honestly, the two level suites are terrible. There wasn't a living room, there was a bed downstairs and a bed upstairs. The downstairs bathroom was only a powder room. If you wanted to shower you had to go up a very steep set of stairs. AC in our room did not work, fan, heat, nothing would work. That didn't stop the loud mechanical noise rumbling for 30 seconds every 5 minutes or so. Also, any noise from the hallway is transferred right under the door via a 1 inch gap, right up the stairs.
This is my second stay here, I forgot I had stayed one other time for work. The noise transference was an issue that time also. I think my upstairs neighbor was pushing all the furniture from one side of the room to the other all night long. That's really the only explanation for the noise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.