FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:47 am
eracerblue

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
I was under the impression that holders of the supplementary card would receive the same benefits as the primary card holder - i.e. separate PP membership with 6 visits, zone 2 boarding and free bag with AC.
I just received the supplemental card and TD / aeroplan saying these benefits do not apply? I completely thought the supplemental card holders get all the same benefits to their aeroplan (zone 2 / free checked bag etc)...
Unfortunately, you were under the wrong impression.

It's "worse" than you dreamed (extra passes), your supplementary card holder can't even share those passes when you're not around.

"Air Canada Benefit Eligibility – Priority Travel Services : With the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card, Air Canada benefits (the complimentary first checked bag, priority check in and priority boarding) apply whenever the Primary Cardholder travels on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or under the Air Canada express banner."

I would call TD and complain, saying you're not seeing the benefits of the card you expect, and AP is going defunct - see if they can reduce your AF -'possibly be prepared to walk.