FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Program Year 2018 Elite Status Buy back / Buyback / Renew / Boost (master thd) .
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:10 am
AAir_head

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by AAir_head
EQD: $5,714 EQM: 30,544 EQS: 14

Buy up offer to PLT is $1,295

I changed careers late last year and travel dropped precipitously. Sadly, EXP will no longer be in the cards.

Question: Once my next/last planned trip and AAviator spend bonus EQD posts, I will end up over the $9,000 EQD mark. Forgive me if I'm missing it, but I can't see anyone that's been offered PPR if they have the EQD but are well short on EQM (admittedly, I'm pretty lopsided). Might I see an offer for PPR with $9K+ EQD and ~35K EQM?

One complicating factor is that I've just crossed the threshold for an AAviator card $3K EQD bonus--no idea if it will post before the end of December. I suppose if not, it won't be a factor. Anyone with similar experience that can share how it was handled by AA?
As of this morning, the expected $3K EQDs haven't posted yet--understand that if it posts before Jan 31 it will count for last year, but still wondering if EQD spend over PP threshold will yield a PP buy-up offer. Any evidence of this being the case (anecdotal or otherwise)?

Thanks!