FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead etiquette question
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:22 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by manstein58
What really hacks me off is when another PAX decides he or she is entitled to rearrange bags in the overhead to accommodate their stuff. I think a good rule is that the only ones allowed to rearrange OPAX's bags are the FA's. Otherwise, hands off my stuff!
I disagree, if someone shoves their bag in the wrong direction despite (1) 5-10 overhead announcements during the boarding process by FAs telling them to store bags wheels/handles first (2) signage within the bin suggesting how bags should be stowed and (3) a common sense understanding of 3 dimensional geometry...I am going to turn their bag the right way if it means mine or another passengers will fit, and will help ensure an on time departure. I am sick of entitled people just throwing their crap in the OHB and walking away from it without doing their part to maximize the space. If I have to listen to those announcements on every single flight, I am going to take action around them even if it means putting my "grimey hands" on someone elses rolling bag. Oh, the horror!