FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-DXB - buyup offer is for $900 one way to upgrade to J. Good deal?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:06 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Will08
I get your point but all the information you have alluded to will be in the email offer, no CD, lounge etc.. By context I was referring to the OP/OPs friend not knowing if it is a good deal or not as it isn't comparable to a normal Business class ticket. Knowing the going rate for such offers on alternative routes helps build a picture. If I know it'd cost me £800 to go DXB-AKL I would be more inclined to pay 900 dollars for this offer.
Conextually it is a good deal if the person thinks it is a good deal. If someone is flying LAX-DXB, does it matter what AKL-DXB would go for since that is not what they are doing

A good deal really comes down to disposable income available and to take $900 per person out of that amount or use it for something else ( perhaps in Dubai )

For some it would be a minor cost and comfort well worth it; for someone else they may think that $900 is better saved for paying other trip expenses

I would say it is a good deal for anyone that would have been prepared to pay $3000 return for a business class ticket if it had been available and not to someone that wouldn't have been prepared to spend $2000 on it

I would say that it is a good price for a business class trip