FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award booking services - a list and some reviews
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:25 am
GarrettP1

<deleted by moderator>.
My experience with Luxury Consulting: On Jan 5 I contacted their website about travel from either Korea or Japan to the US mainland.
A day later he contacted me, and got my information. I have 400K miles with Delta, and my ultimate travel destination was Ft Walton Beach FL (VPS), round trip.
I didn't care how I got there, but wanted to use my miles. My travel dates were widely open (I currently reside in Guam).
He didn't get back to me with anything concrete until Jan 10, but came up with a trip from ICN to MEX then to IAH. The cost was 95K miles about about $40 in taxes (from IAH I would take a flight from United to VPS).

What bothered me was that he wrote: it's probably best if you book this flight yourself, that way you don't have to send my all your information (credit card, FF number, etc). He didn't charge me.
The only reason I had contacted them was that I wanted to pay someone to book this for me. If he had told me he was going to take 5 days and just send me an idea I never would have contacted them in the first place.
I tried booking his suggested route myself, but I wasn't able to do it.
I don't plan on using them again.

Garrett

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 11, 2018 at 1:31 pm Reason: Speculation on moderator's action while original post was in the moderation queue / FT Rule 21: Privacy