FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deteriorating food and drinks Qantas Business
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:01 pm
paolo64

As reported in a related thread, I had sub-par food experience on QF 36 the other night. This was designated as a supper flight notwithstanding the clearly dinner time departure of 1930 for a 7 hour flight to Melbourne. The food itself was just *ok*, but the quantity was totally insufficient. No nuts/nibbles were offered with the pre-supper drink and then the one-plate, single course meal, really just a snack and lesser quantity than a domestic J evening meal on Syd-Mel.
I complained about it to the 'chef' at the time of ordering and said that if I had known about the food arrangements prior I would have eaten something in the lounge. He said: " Well, I'll make sure you're not hungry and will come back to you after the meal" ( never saw him again for the duration of the flight).
Breakfast was lamentable: some energiser drink and a Danish and a stone cold muffin thing. I asked for some bread as an alternative. " yes, the chef is just warming some up for you and it will be 5-6 minutes" ( needless to say it never appeared and I gave up at that point).

This in stark contrast to a mid-afternoon flight from BKK-SIN in Y on Thai, 3 course meal on a tray, really quite tasty ( although ironically didn't eat much of it in anticipation of eating on QF in J).

This was the final sector of a longish trip , including J on Emirates, Thai, AF, Austrian and Y on Thai. In comparison Qantas food is a sick joke.

Last edited by paolo64; Jan 8, 2018 at 11:12 pm Reason: Typo