FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Tokyo - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:06 pm
benjahman

Originally Posted by XUEC
Hi guys—I’m trying to have the Andaz concierge assist me with a restaurant booking. I started emailing them 8 weeks ago and they swear the restaurant (Sushi’s Yoshitake) has not picked up their phone in 8 weeks. I’ve followed up almost every week to the same response (have the chain to prove it).

I also asked them to book a different restaurant and their response was “here’s is the online reservation form—do it yourself.”

I voiced my frustration subsequently only to be hit with a long email on how difficult it is to book restaurants in Tokyo. Obviously that is the case—that’s partly why I stayed at a hotel like the Andaz!

I am becoming very very frustrated and feel that I need to escalate this. Can anyone PM me the GM’s email? Is there anyone else I can reach out to on this?

thank you so much in advance.

When are you looking to eat at Yoshitake? I tried a few months ago and they were closed. I somehow stumbled upon the chefs daughter on IG and it seems as though chef has been venturing into popups in Bangkok and doing a lot of traveling, which can explain why they are not open. I noticed they seemed to be on a family vacation for the next week or two. I've had the pleasure of eating at Yoshitake once and it was phenomenal. However, I can't say the same about the sister restaurant in HK, Sushi Shikon. I would not blame the Andaz concierge/front desk agent. They were helpful in November in scheduling reservations.