FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:47 am
MKE-MR

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
My thoughts of T4 and CX Lounge,,,,,
I finally made it to Singapore new T4 in Dec. for the first time since it inaugurated. Was so excited but the excitement soon dies off..... Beside the fancy high tech gadgets. I am more into functionality.

T4
Only three words to describe....... Walk Walk Walk, for both inbound/outbound flight.
<snip>
I will hope CX will be able to park closing to G10/G11? If space is the real concept, then in T1, they can remove all the walkway in the center, remove the security check before each gate and more than half of the seating by the gate. There you will have space, well can't do much about the height. Maybe I'm getting old. In 10 years or less, if I go SIN, I will request for wheelchair support.
Not a chance they will move. Unfortunately G18-21 are the widebody gates. So I suppose if Cathay Dragon ever comes to Singapore, completing the transition of CX to a LCC, then maybe...

T4 sucks. There's no two ways about it in my book. All shine and no substance. Fancy scanners which take longer than the old ones and generate lots of false positives, walks without moving walkways (seriously, WHY!? That was the absolute easiest thing to figure out in any user experience, and yet they managed to screw it up). And of course the patented London Heathrow Duty Free Maze (TM)

Garbage, all round, except for having a fancy branded lounge. T4 has made me book away from CX already and will continue to do so. I feel sorry for the station manager who got saddled with this pig.