FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:30 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by fakecd
How does "TIPDS" work or not be known before hand?
Actually (in the specific case of Singapore) try the CX baggage agent Dnata https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...etails.SG.html . I spoke to them when I lost a small camera component on my 8/12 inbound flight and even though they didn't locate it (it's a accessory bayonet bracket - probably too hard) their call centre ain't too bad.

Besides my feeling is the display will tell me I need to approach CX transfer desk to ask the airport to locate my bags in T1 and move to T4. Something tells me CX desk who handle this is only at T4? (so it's like chicken or egg situation).....
I think Dnata still has presence in T1. Again, ask their call centre to see if they can confirm or deny.

if I choose to pick up bags myself, I'm aware of option of using QF lounge for shower / meal first then clear immigratino. But that leaves my bags hanging at arrival carasosl for good 2hours and i'mt not sure if that's optimal either.
Ask Dnata what they do with a 2 hour bag? I suspect it'd still be retained at the baggage services desk as if passenger is presumably detained by ICA SG?

Can I argue I want to do shopping at T1/2/3 (hey that could work if you say u are shopping and give them more revenue...)
I'm not sure if my friend namedropped Irvins

But if the T2 man with the gun insists on a stamp, namedropping Irvins/Charles & Keith/even Chanel isn't really gonna move him, is it?