FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Terminal 4 and lounge experiences
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:15 am
fakecd

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Talking

Originally Posted by percysmith
If you don't have to go landside for bag transfer (i.e. TIPDS works)
Then you don't leave the T1/T2/T3 restricted area til its time to board your flight
If you do have to go landside for bag transfer (TIPDS doesn't work)
But then you can visit QF before going landside to stop the T2 man with the gun giving you problems
How does "TIPDS" work or not be known before hand? Besides my feeling is the display will tell me I need to approach CX transfer desk to ask the airport to locate my bags in T1 and move to T4. Something tells me CX desk who handle this is only at T4? (so it's like chicken or egg situation).....if I choose to pick up bags myself, I'm aware of option of using QF lounge for shower / meal first then clear immigratino. But that leaves my bags hanging at arrival carasosl for good 2hours and i'mt not sure if that's optimal either.

So ideal situation is pick my bags up myself and go to T4 to check-in..so I guess main point is, once airside T4 (assuming I exit Sing @ T4) i'm not sure if I'm technically allowed airside sterlie transfer from T4 to T2? Can I argue I want to do shopping at T1/2/3 (hey that could work if you say u are shopping and give them more revenue...)