FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:05 pm
heraclitus

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Lazarev
Is it my imagination, or are Aeroplan pickings slim to none? All TD AP offerings come with hefty AF attached (even through greedyrates) even for low-ball 15K AP, and same for CIBC. Are there any updates to links/offers in wiki at the top, any other cards that I'm missing that give $0 AP points?

I hate the fragmentation of the points game: every bank woke up to the fact that points are profit center, and each is offering "their own" points at 1c/point value. No value there. As crappy as AP can be, at least you could pool points from multiple banks and get some nice redemptions even above 3c/point value.
Agreed. Amex (via MR conversions) is the only game in town left. I got my last TD Aeroplan card one year ago, and it has probably been closer to two years since I got a CIBC Aeroplan Visa.

Hell, I'd even be willing to pay the AF if you could at least get 25,000 points for signup, or I'd also settle for FYF on 15,000 points. But $120 for 15,000 Aeroplan points is just too lousy of an offer.

The upshot to this is that I've focused more attention on collecting hotel points in the last couple years... I've earned loads of SPG, Marriott and BW points. I still haven't really resorted to any proprietary bank points schemes except for CIBC Aventura back when you could convert to Aeroplan, and after that a one-time shot with BMO a couple of years ago.